Fiber Type: Para-Aramid
Thread Construction: Monocord Twisted
Full Description: A high strength monocord twisted multifilament para-aramid sewing thread specially designed for the mattress industry to compliment the flame resistant barrier system. Flame-Out™ starts with superior tensile strength allowing it help protect seam integrity and help hold tape edges and seams closed even at high temperatures.
- Excellent resistance to short term heat exposure. Will not melt
- Helps complete barrier systems to meet Federal Standard 16 CRF Part 1633
- UL Listed (Underwriters Laboratories, Inc.)
- Superior strength to Meta-Aramid and other FR products
- Good resistance to most organic solvents.
- Age has limited effect on physcial properties.
- Available in natural (yellow)
- Fiber Resistance to Acid- Fair
- Fiber Resistance to Alkali- Good
- Fiber Resistance to Bleach- Poor
- Fiber Abrasion Resistance- Fair to Good
- Fiber Resistance to Heat- 200 deg C (Highest continuous temperature before breakdown)
- Fiber Melting Point- N/A (Does Not Melt- Decomposes at 427 deg C)
- Flame-Out® SP and Flame-Out® STW are other recommeded threads for FR barrier systems.
- For protective apparel applications, please see other A&E products, Kevlar®, Nomex®, and Extreme CSN
- Para-Aramid prewound bobbins are available in multiple sizes
- Kevlar® and Nomex® are registered Trademarks of E.I. du Pont de Nemours and Company and are used under license to A&E®
FOR ORDER AND PRICING INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT US AT 800-438-5868 OR SALES@AMEFIRD.COM