Fiber Type: Para-aramid
Thread Construction: Staple Spun
Application: Mattress, Protection Apparel
Full Description: A&E’s Flame-Out™ SP is a flame-resistant, para-aramid, staple spun sewing thread manufactured from 100% certified DuPont® Kevlar® and engineered for use in the tape-edging of mattresses.
Created as a compliment to the flame resistant barrier system, Flame-Out™ SP is specially-designed to provide short-term heat resistance displaying excellent seam integrity and cut protection. This non-melting thread displays superior strength to meta-aramids and other FR products and provides good resistance to most organic solvents.
Flame-Out™ SP delivers dependable sewing performance and excellent yield to mattress manufacturers. This thread is utilized primarily in mattress tape-edging, protective apparel, and some specialty industrial applications.
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE PRODUCT INFORMATION
- Excellent resistance to short term heat exposure. Will not melt
- Helps complete barrier systems to meet Federal Standard 16 CRF Part 1633
- UL Listed (Underwriters Laboratories, Inc.)
- Superior strength to Meta-Aramid and other FR products
- Good resistance to most organic solvents.
- Age has limited effect on physcial properties.
- Available in measured length units to guarentee purchased length matches expected yield.
- Manufactured from 100% DuPont® Kevlar®
- Available in natural (yellow)
- Fiber Resistance to Acid- Fair
- Fiber Resistance to Alkali- Good
- Fiber Resistance to Bleach- Poor
- Fiber Abrasion Resistance- Fair to Good
- Fiber Resistance to Heat- 200 deg C (Highest continuous temperature before breakdown)
- Fiber Melting Point- N/A (Does Not Melt- Decomposes at 427 deg C)
- Flame-Out® and Flame-Out® STW are other recommeded threads for FR barrier systems.
- For protective apparel applications, please see other A&E products, Kevlar®, Nomex®, and Extreme CSN
- Para-Aramid prewound bobbins are available in multiple sizes
- Kevlar® is a registered Trademark of E.I. du Pont de Nemours and Company and is used under license to A&E®.
FOR ORDER AND PRICING INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT US AT 800-438-5868 OR SALES@AMEFIRD.COM