A&E’s 2014-2015 Sustainability Report Shows Continued Progress in Leading the Industry in the Areas of Safety, Environmental Sustainability, and Corporate Social Responsibility.
Key achievements included in this report:
- A&E achieved a two percent reduction of global carbon footprint since 2006 while still growing as a worldwide business.
- 48 Million kilograms of greenhouse gas has been avoided since 2006.
- 34% reduction in global water consumption since 2006.
- 1.1 Million kilograms of thread produced, using recycled water from the industry’s first zero liquid discharge system in Perundurai, India dyehouse.
- 106 Million kilowatt hours saved since 2006, contributing to a 7% reduction of global energy use.
- 100% of the power used in Gutach, Germany by Gütermann is certified to come from hydroelectric power.
- Zero waste to landfill achieved in the United States, joining Sri Lanka in achieving this global goal of all A&E operations.
Please click here or on the image below to download a copy of the report.
ABOUT AMERICAN & EFIRD
A&E is the largest U.S. manufacturer and the world’s second-largest manufacturer and distributor of premium quality industrial and consumer sewing thread, embroidery thread and technical textiles. Producers of apparel, automotive components, home furnishings, medical supplies, footwear and a diverse range of industrial products rely on A&E industrial sewing thread to manufacture their products. Customers select A&E as the preferred choice for industrial sewing thread, embroidery thread and technical textiles because of A&E’s dedication to providing its customers with the finest products and services, at the highest quality, delivered globally. Through its global network, A&E’s products are manufactured in 23 countries, distributed in 50 countries and sold in over 100 countries. In addition to A&E’s steadfast commitment to superior quality and customer service, A&E is a recognized industry leader in environmental sustainability and corporate social responsibility, and operates its global facilities with the utmost regard for the safety and health of its associates employed worldwide. A&E owns or operates 28 manufacturing facilities and employs over 9,000 associates around the world directly or in partnership with joint venture partners.